rate our new website
Publish Date: Nov 26, 2016
Closing Date: Jan 16, 2017
Tender Document: Download Document
SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE
Construction of a New 2-lane National Highway from Sta 126+620 to Sta 151+200 (Bamyan)
Trans-Hindukush Road Connectivity Project (THRCP)
Project No.: P145347
Contract Title: Construction of a New 2-lane National Highway from Sta 126+620 to Sta 151+200 (Bamyan)
Reference No.: MPW/WB/IDA/THRCP/B2B/C2/006
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Trans-Hindukush Road Connectivity Project (THRCP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Construction of a new 2-lane National Highway from Sta 126+620 to Sta 151+200 (Bamyan).
The Ministry of Public Works (MPW) now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the construction of Segment 1 of a new 2-lane National Highway from Sta 126+620 to Sta 151+200 (Bamyan). The major scope of works includes the following:
Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers” published by the World Bank in January 2011 (Revised July 2014) (“Procurement Guidelines”), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Project Management Team (PMT) of THRCP at procurement@THRCP.gov.af and inspect the bidding documents during office hours i.e. 0800 to 1600 hours at the address given below.
Major components of post-qualifications requirements include:
- The Bidder shall demonstrate that it has access to, or has available, liquid assets, unencumbered real assets, lines of credit, and other financial means (independent of any contractual advance payment) sufficient to meet the construction cash flow requirements; estimated as AFN 200 million for the subject contract(s) net of the Bidders other commitments;
- Minimum average annual construction turnover of AFN 970 million, calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress and/or completed within the last Five (5) years, divided by Five (5) years;
- Minimum number of similar contracts specified below that have been satisfactorily and substantially completed as a prime contractor, joint venture member, management contractor or sub-contractor between 1st January 2011 and application submission deadline: (i) Two (2) contracts, each of minimum value AFN 1,400 million;
- For the above and any other contracts completed and under implementation as prime contractor, joint venture member, management contractor or sub-contractor on or after the first day of the calendar year during the period stipulated in 4.2 (a) above, a minimum construction experience in the following key activities successfully completed:
* Construction of 25 km of national highways
* Construction of 50 m bridges (at least one contract for construction of not less than 50 m bridge)
A complete hardcopy set of bidding documents in English Language may be purchased by interested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of AFN 10,000.00. The method of payment will be cash. A softcopy of bidding documents in English Language may be provided upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of AFN 1,000.00 upon the submission of a written application to the address below. The document will be sent by e-mail free of charge.
The bidders or their authorized representatives are invited to attend a pre-bid meeting. Pre-bid meeting will be held on December 18, 2016. The time shall be at 10:00 AM (Kabul time) and held at address given below.
Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 14:00 hrs (Kabul time) on January 16, 2017. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address below at 14:00 hrs (Kabul time) on January 16, 2017.
All bids must be accompanied by a “Bid Security” of AFN 39,000,000.00 or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency. Bid securities provided in currencies other than Afghani shall be converted to Afghani (only for the purpose of evaluation) based on exchange rate indicated for cash selling rates in Central Bank of Afghanistan website at the date of opening.
The address referred to above is:
Attention: Abdul Satar Salim, THRCP Executive Director
Address: THRCP Office, Opposite KMTC, Jalalabad Road, Kabul, Afghanistan
Telephone: +93 799306173